How to Avoid Getting Scammed By a Locksmith in NYC
While New York City is known around the world as the concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there is still many a con artist on the prowl looking for the next innocent victim to scam and take advantage of. A so-called “locksmith” certainly falls in this category. You definitely wouldn’t want this to happen to you in a city like New York given that it isn’t exactly famous for its safe streets and high security. In fact, it’s the opposite. That said how can you avoid getting scammed by a “locksmith” in NYC?
Steps to Take in order to avoid a locksmith scam:
1. Log on to reputable websites such as FindALockSmith.com. This website provides a comprehensive list of locksmiths that are members of the Associated Locksmiths of America or ALOA. In a city like New York, it is always better to be safe than sorry especially when looking for a locksmith—someone who will have access to the place where you live and come home to at night. You can also get in touch with the local Better Business Bureau to check if the locksmith company is in good standing.
2. Have a friend or family member keep you company when the locksmith arrives. This person will serve as a witness in the event that any undesirable situation occurs. Be sure that he or she is present the entire time—from when the locksmith arrives to when he walks out the door.
3. Verify the information of the company with the locksmith. In a city like New York it’s always better to keep your guard up. Check if the locksmith arrived in a clearly marked company vehicle displaying the business name and contact information. If the locksmith refuses to give you company information, do not let him or her inside your home.
4. Ask for identification. Any experienced and professional Locksmith in NYC would ask for your credentials and would be willing to show you identification as well. Jot down the information or take a photo of it on your phone for future reference. This indicates to the locksmith that you will report them should any untoward incident occur.
5. Get an estimate prior to starting work. Be sure that you are comfortable with the rate being offered to you by the locksmith. Remember that you are always at liberty to refuse his or her services if you do not feel at ease.
Finding a trustworthy and reliable locksmith in NYC may pose as a challenge given the reputation of New York City as a tough city with mean streets and many a crook, but if you follow these steps you are sure to find a locksmith that is for keeps.
Locksmith NY Online Resources
Avoid locksmith scam
NY locksmith Needs
What can i expect from a locksmith ?
Technology and locksmith NYC
(c) Locksmith NYC 4U .Com